Family Law and Divorce
WE WILL PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS
Family Law and Divorce
Family breakdowns can be one of the hardest experiences you’ll ever have to go through. You know that the decisions you make now will determine your family’s future. It’s difficult to think straight though when it seems like your life is falling apart in every direction.
Family solicitors are on your side!
You don’t have to go though this alone. Our experienced family law solicitors will help you fairly lay the past to rest, build strong foundations for your future, and get your new life off to a good start.
- Affordable fixed fee divorce payment plans
- Empathy, clarity and strength
How we can help:
We understand the issues, and we’ve helped many people dealing with the same stresses as you are come through it all cleanly. We’ll help you work out the best way forward and negotiate calmly on your behalf. No matter how hard it gets our family law solicitors will stand by you and keep our eyes on the best possible outcome for you and your family.
Our family law solicitors are empathetic and highly skilled. You will find us friendly, practical, and discreet.
- Amicable separations and divorces. If you’ve already worked out a plan that is agreeable to both parties, then we can help make it legally binding.
- Collaborative law. If you want to deal with the issues you’re facing in a non confrontational way then we can help. We’ll meet with you, your partner and their collaborative lawyers to work out mutually acceptable solutions to your issues. Our skilled and experienced mediators will keep the conversations focussed on finding the solutions that will work for your unique situation.
- Contested hearings. If negotiation and mediation isn’t going to work in your situation then our family law solicitors will stand up and fight for your rights in Court.
- Child visitation, residency or maintenance. Making arrangements for your children following a family breakdown isn’t always easy. We’ll make sure that the children’s best interests are at the heart of every discussion and that your rights as a parent or grandparent are upheld.
- Financial settlements. Your future depends on an equitable split of your finances so we will make sure that all of the assets are on the table and that the division is done fairly.
- Domestic abuse. Please call the police if you feel you are in danger and get medical attention straight away for any injuries you might have. Once you’re out of danger, we can help you get the protection to need to ensure you and your children remain safe. We can get Orders put in place quickly which afford you greater protection from the police.
- Child care proceedings. If social services are threatening to take your children into care or have already done so then we can help.
- Prenuptial agreements. No one likes to go into marriage anticipating the worst outcome, and yet, it’s important to protect your rights. We’ll make the conversation less awkward by working out whether you need an agreement, and if you do, what terms make sense to both of you.
Other sources of help and information:
- Safe to Talk – Coventry City Council’s domestic abuse website and helpline: 0800 111 4998 open 8:30am – 8:30pm Monday – Friday and 9:30am – 5:30pm Saturday – Sunday. This helpline supports victims, professionals and members of the public and is staffed by domestic abuse specialists.
- Women’s Aid – Women’s Aid is the national domestic violence charity that helps up to 250,000 women and children every year.
- Men’s Advice Line – The Men’s Advice Line is a confidential helpline for male victims of domestic violence and abuse.
- Child Law Advice – Provides legal information and advice on family and children law matters in England.
AWARDS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
The team at Clifton Law hold several qualifications and accreditations. We are proud to include an officially accredited member of The Law Society holding an accreditation for our work in Immigration and Asylum.